Our body is an amazing working machine. Each body organ plays a vital role in keeping us healthy. But, sometimes, our negligence and actions result in the co-operated functioning of the body organs leading to poor quality of life.
Kandharasana or Shoulder Pose is a natural remedy to poorly functioning an internal system. Kandharasana yoga posture is highly beneficial for expanding the chest, stretching external body areas, opening the breathing passage, and complete healing. Moreover, the benefits of shoulder pose for females are highly appealing.
Steps of Kandharasana:
- Lie on the back, in the position of Savasana. Keep the legs stretched out and arms by your side.
- Then bend your legs at the knee and place your feet near to your buttocks.
- Now hold both the ankles with the corresponding hands.
- Pull your ankles back till the feet touch your buttocks.
- Inhale, retain the breath, uplift the hips higher, and arch the back upwards.
- The feet and shoulders will rest on a yoga mat.
- Support the body weight on your shoulders, head, neck, feet, and arm.
- Hold the pose for about 10 to 20 seconds and get back to the starting pose while exhaling slowly.
- Repeat the process about 3-4 times for overall impact.
Contraindications of Shoulder Pose
- People who suffer from slip disc, knee, or shoulder injuries must avoid this asana.
- Pregnant women should avoid the pose.
- Avoid practice in case of an abdominal hernia.
- People suffering from duodenal ulcers or abdominal hernia should not practice the pose.
Some Incredible Health Benefits of Kandharasana:
- Practicing Kandharasana realigns the spine and gives relief from a backache.
- Kandharasana attempts to improve digestion by massaging the abdominal organs.
- Practicing this asana cures the disorders of ‘female reproductive system.
- It is beneficial for people suffering from prolapse, asthma, and bronchial conditions.
- It strengthens your back, neck, and shoulders.
- It is beneficial for treating your stomach problems and waist pain.
- Best for Asthmatic patient’s because it opens up the lungs.
- It tones your hips, thighs, and legs.
- It provides strength to the shoulders.
- It promotes the better functioning of the thyroid gland.
Practice, practice, and practice Kandharasana for physical, mental, and spiritual wellness.