Kapalbhati Pranayama is an effective Yoga practice, and it has been keeping people healthy and pure for ages. It is a Sanskrit word, where ‘Kapal’ means ‘forehead,’ and ‘Bhati’ means ‘shining,’ and Pranayama is the breathing practice. The regular practice Kapalbhati gives you a shining forehead and bright intellect.
Many years ago, a set of breathing techniques were devised to help people with their overall well-being. It is a method of purification, and also a great detoxifying method of ancient times. This practice of Yoga helps in oxygenating your mind by building smooth paths in your head. The brain needs self-care, rest, and a healthy environment to function properly. This can be attained with the power of Yoga and Pranayama.
Steps to do Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Sit comfortably in Sukhasana, and Place your palms on your knees.
- Ensure your palms should face upwards, and each of your thumbs should touch the index finger.
- Then close your eyes and inhale deeply with both your nostrils, filling both your lungs with air.
- Concentrating on airflow and breathing calmly.
- Exhale the toxic personalities, negativity, self-harming elements, confusion from your life and mind.
- Do repetitions for about 20 times.
Types of Kapalbhati Pranayama
There are three types of Kapalbhati Pranayama.
Vatakrama Kapalbhati (the exhalation is active, and the inhalation is passive).
Vyutkrama Kapalbhati (sniff in water through your nostrils, let it flow down your throat, and eventually spit it out from your mouth).
Sheetkrama Kapalbhati (take in water from the mouth and expel it through your nostrils).
Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- It increases the metabolic rate and helps in weight loss.
- Boosts the nervous system and rejuvenates brain cells.
- Calms and uplifts the mind.
- Increases blood circulation and adds glow to the face.
- It Improves digestive tract functioning, absorption, and assimilation of nutrients.
- It improves memory and concentration power.
- It reinforces your lungs and increases their capacity.
- It improves the functioning of the kidneys and liver.
- It helps in curing asthma and sinus.
- The practice clears and activates the chakras in your body.
- It eliminates acidity and gas-related problems.
Practice Yoga & Pranayama to relax your body, calm your mind, and rejuvenate your soul. Stay connected with the soft touches of Kapalbhati Pranayama.